As a new member...
As a new member of Evangel Cathedral, you are presented to the church body and prayed over by Bishop Don, the Elders, Ministers, Deacons, and church family. The new member has been granted all rights and privileges as any other member and is now welcome to join any of the 65 ministries or activities that Evangel Cathedral has to offer. The new member is encouraged to meet other members, get to know the Evangel family, and invite others to become a part of our local body.
New Members Class
The Evangel Cathedral New Members Ministry is the gateway to membership at our church. Our class is geared toward equipping the new member with all the information they need to make a conscious decision about becoming a member of Evangel Cathedral. The criteria for successfully completing the new members class is as follows:
All classes are held on the 2nd Saturday of every month from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Be prompt! After 15 minutes, a candidate is marked late. After 30 minutes, a candidate is marked absent and has to make the class up.
Candidates are expected to participate in group discussion with other new member candidates and ministry facilitators.
As a body of believers, we are committed to:
The Gospel of Jesus Christ, Pure Worship, Raising up an Army of Youth and Young Adults, Evangelism, Effective Ministry toward Men, Women, Singles, and Families, Effectual and Life-Changing Prayer, Discipleship, and Strong Leadership
- Repentance: Mark 1:15; Luke 13:3; Acts 3:19
- Justification: Romans 5:1; Titus 3:7
- New Birth: John 3:3; I Peter 1:23; I John 3:9
- Sanctification: Romans 5:2; I Corinthians 1:30; I Thessalonians 4:3; Hebrews 13:12
- Holiness: Luke 1:75; I Thessalonians 4:7; Hebrews 12:14
- Water Baptism: Matthew 28:19; Mark 1:9,10; John 3:22, 23; Acts 8:36, 38
- Baptism with the Holy Ghost - the enduement of power for service: Matthew 3:11; Luke 24:49, 53; Acts 1:4-8
- Speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance as the initial evidence of the baptism of the Holy Ghost: John 15:26; Acts 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:1-7
- Spiritual gifts: I Corinthians 12:1,7,10,28,31; I Corinthians 14:1
- Signs following believers: Mark 16:17-20; Romans 15:18,19; Hebrews 2:4
- Fruit of the Spirit: Romans 6:22; Galatians 5:22,23;
- Ephesians 5:9; Philippians 1:11
- Divine healing provided for all in the atonement: Psalm 103:3; Isaiah 53:4,5; Matthew 8:17; James 5:14-16; I Peter 2:24
- The Lord’s Supper: Luke 22:17-20; I Corinthians 11:23-26
- Washing of the saints’ feet: John 13:4-17; I Timothy 5:9,10
- Tithing and giving: Genesis 14:18-20; 28:20-22; Malachi 3:10; Luke 11:42; Romans 2:21-22; I Corinthians 9:6-9; 16:2; Hebrews 7:1-21
- Restitution where possible: Matthew 3:8; Luke 19:8,9
- I Corinthians 15:52; I Thess. 4:15-17; II Thess. 2:1; Zechariah 14:4; I Thess. 4:14; II Thess. 1:7-10; Jude 14, 15; Revelation 5:10; 19:11-21; 20:4-6
- Resurrection: John 5:28, 29; Acts 24:15; Revelation 20:5,6
- Eternal life for the righteous: Matthew 25:46; Luke 18:30;
- John 10:28; Romans 6:22; I John 5:11-13
- Eternal punishment for the wicked; no liberation nor annihilation: Matthew 25:41-46; Mark 3:29; II Thessalonians 1:8, 9; Revelation 20:10-15; 21:8